Test Automation Engineer
Who we are
AppyParking is on a mission to make parking a truly forgettable experience. We understand how fragmented infrastructures and stand-alone solutions cause stress and hassle for the most mundane of daily tasks, like finding and paying for a parking space. We know there’s a better way of doing things and so we’re building innovative and future-ready solutions from the bottom up, to improve the way parking is accessed and managed.
Our holistic kerbside management platform provides a ‘future of mobility’ conduit between the private and public sector, ensuring standardised kerbside data can flow between local authorities and mobility operators, unlocking the barriers that hinder the adoption of intelligent mobility solutions and ultimately make the kerb work for everyone, physically, socially and commercially.
AppyParking is backed by a number of leading investors including Hyundai Motors and Sumitomo Corporation, and recently closed a significant £7.6 million Series A funding round.
We’ve won several prestigious awards over the years including more recently Best Transportation-as-a-Service Project Award from the TaaS Technology Conference as well as being ranked as a top 50 disruptive UK company in the 2019 Disruption 50 Index.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
What we need
So what is a Test Automation Engineer at AppyParking? A team player? Autonomous? A rock-star? A self-starter? Yes (but all JDs say that right?). But you are also adaptable, dependable, sociable. At your heart you are a passionate problem solver, an engineer. You like “sleeves-rolled-up-headphones-on-don’t-talk-to-me-I’m-in-the-zone-ok-i’m-done-where’s-the-pub” you are that kind of animal. You know that sometimes it’s a one-person problem and sometimes it’s a team one - you’ll play different roles in different times.
What you would do
Primarily this role is about building quality into our products from the outset. Very-much a hands-on role implementing behavioural tests into our latest products and building a scalable process to ensure we push out quality products First Time Right. We have some legacy systems sure, but this is not really about them, it's more about the new. We are building ground-breaking solutions to help us manage the kerbside and to put that resultant data in the hands of the consumer - the driver. AppyParking are at the forefront of this movement and this role will help us in our quest to be the best there is. The role works closely with our Mapping, Product and Development teams in the creation of test scenarios, development and execution of test cases, analysis of test results, detection and documentation of defects, and validation of bug fixes.
What will you bring
- An innate ability to find flaws and break things
- An ability to evangelise testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Experience in test automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Jest/Pupeteer
- Creating and executing manual and automated tests
- Validating that deliverables meet functional and design specifications
- Ability to work in a team-focused environment across multiple projects
- Experience in the evaluation, selection and implementation of tooling to support the QA processes.
- Real time data analysis, and a strong desire to work with cutting edge technologies
- The ability to form detailed test plans and cases whilst having an obsession for quality and an amazing eye for detail
What will you have
- Around 3 years’ experience in a quality assurance role, preferably within a SME
- Previous knowledge of cloud-based solutions (PaaS, SaaS, MaaS, DaaS)
- A background working with both the private and public sector would be advantageous
What you would get
AppyParking work hard to create an inclusive environment to be a part of. A culturally diverse workspace, but all sharing the same eye-on-the-prize mentality. but on top of that:
- Generous Salary - £40,000-50,000
- Pension - we all get old. look at the CTO - we didn't know numbers went up that high!
- Perkbox - free stuff/cheap stuff/discounted stuff - what's not to like?
- Ability to work from home - it's where the heart is.
- A very cool office in Farringdon - exposed brick, glass, sofas, sideboards (like the 70's)
- Share options - If AppyParking does well, so do we all!
- Biscuits, lots of biscuits - (and fruit) but who doesn't like the odd biscuit?