Business Development Manager - Data
Who we are
AppyParking is on a mission to make parking a truly forgettable experience. We understand how fragmented infrastructures and stand-alone solutions cause stress and hassle for the most mundane of daily tasks, like finding and paying for a parking space. We know there’s a better way of doing things and so we’re building innovative and future-ready solutions from the bottom up, to improve the way parking is accessed and managed.
Our holistic kerbside management platform provides a ‘future of mobility’ conduit between the private and public sector, ensuring standardised kerbside data can flow between local authorities and mobility operators, unlocking the barriers that hinder the adoption of intelligent mobility solutions and ultimately make the kerb work for everyone, physically, socially and commercially.
AppyParking is backed by a number of leading investors including Hyundai Motors and Sumitomo Corporation, and recently closed a significant £7.6 million Series A funding round.
We’ve won several prestigious awards over the years including more recently Best Transportation-as-a-Service Project Award from the TaaS Technology Conference as well as being ranked as a top 50 disruptive UK company in the 2019 Disruption 50 Index.
We’re building something big, from the ground up, so this is a great chance to get on board with that and make a mark on a company that you can call your own.
- Part of a highly driven sales team striving to achieve individual and team targets.
- Target driven lead generation activity through different channels such as cold-calling, digital lead generation and networking at events.
- Upselling and building on existing relationships and opportunities.
- A consultative approach to selling, understanding client requirements and adapting the solution to meet those needs.
- Understanding of the wider cloud-service software technology sales process.
- Tailor pitches and proposals so that they articulate the value of data to clients in a way that delivers material benefit.
- Develop close working relationships with clients, become a trusted advisor, to provide information needed at the various steps of procurement, to ultimately close sales.
- Contribute to bid management submissions, i.e., RfQs and ITTs.
- Regular reporting to management on targets, achievements, campaigns and other KPIs.
- Travelling nationally to clients for on-site meetings, demonstrations and events.
- Keeping up to date with the changing technology and mobility ecosystem including automotive and smart city markets.
- You are highly ambitious, driven and have built up a network of clients within the private sector (e.g. OEM’s, Operators, Consumer products).
- You will have at least 4 years’ experience delivering b2b sales for a technology business in a fast-paced, high volume environment (tcv c.£10-100k).
- You will be highly organised and self-motivated and have a proven track record of relentless pipeline building, by actively hunting new leads through research, events, conferences and networking.
- You will have technical confidence to carry out demonstrations at meetings and events.
- You will have confidence in switching between sales styles i.e., cold calling, lead generation, business development and consulting.
- You will have the ability to generate quotations and detailed proposals to clients.
- You will have demonstrable experience developing sales toolkits including pitch decks, case studies, sales scripts and demo kits.
- You will have experience in producing weekly and monthly reports including forecasting and KPI’s and presenting these to the management team.
- You will have experience in maintaining comprehensive pipeline detail in a CRM system such as Salesforce.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, organisational and communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity, honesty and humility is essential. Those with big ego’s need not apply.
- Starting salary: £40,000 to £45,000 DOE
- OTE £65,000 uncapped
- Equity: Generous share options package
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years.
- Pension: 2% Company contributory.
- Perkbox: Offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, events and mobile insurance.
- A cool London office with a beer & wine fridge